Monday, September 26, 2011

I Did Not Need That Nap

It's almost midnight.  Why am I even awake.  Maybe it's from that nap I took earlier due to my exhaustion of the weekend.  It's been quite the past week and a half since I've posted.  I'll start off with last weekend.

Penn State played at Temple and since Britt's family lives in Philly, they were so nice and threw a tailgate!  It was such a fun time.  Britt and I enjoyed a half day on Friday and made the little road trip (with a little detour through who knows where, all for some Chik-Fil-A.  Totally worth it) We arrived in Philly and Barb (Britt's mom) cooked an amazing dinner.  We had an early wake up call (5:50!) so we headed to bed and dreamt of football and tailgates.  We somehow managed to make it out of the house around 7:00 to get to Lincoln Financial Field by 7:45 to start the day off.  From there, the day only got better.

Myself, Liu and Britt up and at em!

Shotski's for everyone!

It's great when everyone can get together!

Britt was amazing and got me a ticket for the game for my birthday and I couldn't have been more excited!  Penn State did give me a little bit of an anxiety attack, seeing as I thought my high school football team showed up to play against Temple.  But with the support of us Nittany Lions, they were able to pull out a win and I could walk the streets of Philly proud!  

Yikes, my hair was out of control.  But we had awesome seats!
We Are!

It always seems like the most fun weekends are the ones that go by the fastest and that weekend was no exception.  I might be much more partial to the other city in Pennsylvania but I will admit, I would go back.  Maybe.

Last week was sort of a blur, nothing exciting really happened.  Just work.  And a kickball game in the rain.  But it did go pretty fast, just like this weekend.  Once again.  Yesterday probably should have been broken up into 3 days because so much went on.  It started off cheering for Penn State at an alumni bar in Arlington, to hanging out at a friends apartment, to heading back out into public around 10.  Can I just say that I might wear jeans, a jersey and Sperrys out every weekend?  I was beyond comfortable and had so much more fun than I would have been in a little skirt and super high heels.  (Sorry random girls, you looked REAL miserable)  Okay, who are we kidding, i'll absolutely be back to heels and nice outfits next weekend.  (I am a single lady after all, no boy wants to holler at the chick in the jersey.)

This outfit is wonderful.  Now if only I had the $$ to go and purchase everything I see on Pinterest.

I find it convenient that my mother reads my blog ;) ahem.

Who do I have to thank for never being able to wear something like this, cause we all know I HAVE to wear a bra (aka back brace) with EVERYTHING.
I'm lookin at you Tammy... :)

I figure I need to either make more money or not get on Pinterest and be envious of every. item. I. see.  But at this point, I don't think either is happening, so I might as well just suck it up and put it on a Christmas list for Santa.

Well, I should probably get to bed so I'm not the grumpiest human on earth tomorrow.

Until the next time,
-S





No comments:

Post a Comment