Thursday, September 8, 2011

For The Glory

It's finally football season!!  It doesn't seem that long ago that I watched my Steelers lose in The Super Bowl (still stings) and my Nittany Lions lose in the Outback Bowl (burns just a little), but winter, spring and summer have passed and it's time for a clean slate.  Penn State took on Indiana State this past weekend, and it was nice to get a "W" but I'm super anxious for the game coming up this weekend.


Alabama.  As in #3 Alabama.  While we are ranked #23, I feel an upset creepin up in Happy Valley.  I think the players are going to play this game for Joe Pa, knowing that this will be the last time he gets to beat those pesky Crimson Tide.  I've been reading up on my PSU/Bama "rivarly" if you will, and came across an article written by an Alabama reporter and I couldn't agree more with his conclusion:


"This game at Penn State in the midst of a “White Out” may very well be the final game in this long and storied tradition of Penn State and Joe Paterno and the Crimson Tide, but if there’s anything that many a sportswriter has learned about Paterno, it’s never to say never.




In this series, the one that’s supposed to win doesn’t always win. Most games are close ones and we’ve all seen that anything can happen."
If anyone cares to read the rest of the history of the rivalry, it can be found here:
Also, this is another big game because Allison is a Bama alum.  So, work will have their hands full tomorrow as we may or may not speak to each other in preparation for this.  (Who are we kidding, our co-workers would be LUCKY if Allison and I weren't making pit stops at each others desk all the live long day)
To all my girlfrans going to Happy Valley this weekend, pack your white and have a ball!!

PS..BTW.  While we're on the topic of Penn State, I'm going to Philly next weekend to tailgate for the PSU/Temple game and cannot think of a dern thing to wear!
This is super cute, but, it'll be the middle of September, and I'm not below the Mason Dixon line.  Ugh, one more reason I should be tailgating down South.

I found a blog, The Belles of Saturday and they have SO many cute tailgating attire ideas.  Of course, they're all typically given for schools in the south and I haven't come across too many navy items, but I'm always looking!  


I found this cute conglomeration of ideas from Pinterest, but it might still be a tad bit toasty for a sweatshirt, but maybe for the Nebraska game.

NFL season kicked off tonight, and I can't wait to see my Stillers take on the Ravens.  Also received some sad news that my hubby Peyton "Peytie Pie" Manning will most likely be out for the rest of the season.  Here's hoping that fellow PSU alum Kerry Collins can do what he did for the Titans and take the Colts to the post season.  (Where they will then play the Steelers, and one will then go on to the Super Bowl!)

Well, back to watching the Packers womp on the Saints.  It's a crying shame Aaron Rodgers got rid of that facial hair.


Am I right?  Allison?  Okay, boyfriend looks great either way.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Until the next time,
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment