Monday, January 2, 2012

2012. Let's Do This.

After quite possibly the longest blogging hiatus in all of blog land, I've decided that I would start it back right on New Years Day.  Okay, well the second day of the year, but I brainstormed all day about it if that counts.  To start off 2012 blogging, I figured I might as well have a little chatski about the upcoming year and what I think about it.

2012 has got a lot to live up to.  If I say so myself, 2011 was a pretty awesome year.  Sure there were parts that could be better, but overall, it's been pretty kickass and I wouldn't change too much.

I started off with 2011 right, by cheering on my Pittsburgh Penguins at the Winter Classic!  Although they lost, it was such a fun experience and the weather was pretty great too. (For Jan 1st that is)

I went to Las Vegas in March with a wonderful group of friends that included my bestie Alyssa, her fiance Bryan and one of his groomsmen, Rhett.  We had such a blast being tourists, even if the real reason we were there was to watch the boys play baseball.  In the desert.

I left Pittsburgh and made the best decision of my life to move to DC in May.  I love Pittsburgh and am proud to say thats where I'm from, but I definitely have a love affair with DC.  I have a fantastic roommate, my girlfriends all live across the street (and by street, I mean a busy pike, but thats okay) and I get to see them almost everyday.  I love being able to explore all that the city has to offer.

Speaking of my move, I found a job that I enjoy and allowed me to gain a wonderful new friend, Allison!  I love that we're scary similar, but she makes the work days enjoyable and the happy hours and weekends a blast.  2012 is our year.  No doubt about it!

In June, I was honored to be a bridesmaid in my friend Lisa's wedding.  It was amazing to be a part of her big day and I'm so excited for their future together.  And especially cause there is a bebe Lisa or bebe Pat brewin in her belly that will be making an appearance in June.  How old are we again??

In July, Alyssa and I went back to being 12 year olds and saw the one, the only, NKOTBSB.  Pretty sure our voices were not the same for a few days from all the screaming and hyperventilating, but we can officially die happy women.  Donnie Wahlberg, hello.  Nick Carter, you're still smokin.  That tour was probably the most genius thing they've ever done.

Don't get me wrong, I love myself some NKOTBSB, but really what I appreciate is a man in a pair of jeans, a plaid shirt (or in this case black tshirt) and a guitar.  Or Eric Church.  I'd much prefer the latter but I don't think his wife would think too highly of that.  Either way, it was a great concert, Toby Keith was awesome too.

Halloween weekend was one for the books this year.  It started off with an 80's concert and ended with a 4am bedtime, all while being things we aren't really.  (well, if I continue to recycle the football costume, I might just end up on the team).

This holiday season was amazeballs.  From celebrating low key with a housewarming party to the ugly sweater party, it definitely put us all in the Christmas spirit!

And to round off an amazing 2011 was a great night with my girlfrans.  And Third Eye Blind.  Who doesn't love ringing in 2012 with a little something from 1998?

So 2012, I dare you to be better than 2011.  I have no doubt that you'll give it your all with the excitement that's already planned.

I'm honored to stand next to this gal as her Maid of Honor as she marries her best friend.  I know that everything that is planned for this is going to be nothing short of amazing, and I can't wait for May 12th to get here.  All those high school nights browsing through the magazine section of Walmart peeking at the wedding magazines are being put to great use and I am so excited to see how beautiful it is going to be.  And fun.  It's going to be a lot of fun.  Better get writing that speech!

There is a little thing that happens the first week of June and I would DIE to go this year.  Do you know how many plaid shirts and great butts in blue jeans there would be?  Not to mention, my 25th birthday is this year...and that's a big deal, right? CoughcoughMOMcoughcough.

And while this gorgeous man wasn't under my tree this Christmas, perhaps he will waltz into my life this year.  And if it's not Ryan himself, maybe, just maybe someone else will.  Hopefully it's in a plaid shirt.


Let's get 2012 started right with a Penn State win!  We Are!!

Until next time,
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment